This policy relates to our services offered through ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTD (the "ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTD Sites"). It sets out the use, management and treatment of your business and personal information and explains:
- The nature and kind of information we collect and the purpose;
- The reason for collection of such information;
- The responsible use of the collected information;
- The avenues of disclosure of the collected information;
- The treatment and management of sensitive information;
- The management and security of your information;
- Updating your personal and business information;
- Accessing the information we hold about you; and
- Contacting us.
ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTD is committed to protecting and upholding the rights of their clients to privacy in the way we collect, store and use information about them, their needs and the services we provide to them. We want our clients to have confidence that we take these responsibilities seriously and provide services to the utmost satisfaction of the client.
What information we collect and how we collect it
In general, the business and personal information we collect about you and your business includes (but is not limited to) your name, email address, other contact details and possibly the business details, financial information, including credit card information in some circumstances .
We collect personal and business information from a variety of sources, including from you, members of the public, advertisers, mailing lists, contractors and business partners.
We obtain most personal information through the ADVERTISERSHIP registration process and updates to membership details. The personal information that you provide as part of your ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTD ADVERTISER profile includes your details such as, nature of your business , business location, services, phone fax, numbers, business registration number, email and web addresses.
You may also provide information to us when you request or acquire a product or service from us or our related companies, provide a product or service to us, complete a survey or questionnaire, enter a competition, participate in forums or when you communicate with us by e-mail, telephone or in writing (for example if you contact customer service to make a complaint or provide feedback).
We also obtain personal information that you otherwise post or transmit on an ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTD Site, and personal information provided to us via an ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTD Site or otherwise by any other person.
In most cases where we ask you to provide information about yourself, if you do not provide us with that information, we will not be able to provide you with the requested service.
How we use the information we collect
In addition to the primary purpose outlined above, we may also use the information we collect:
- to provide you with news and information about our products and services and opportunities that we believe you may be interested in;
- to personalise and customise your experiences on ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTD;
- to help us manage and enhance our products and services;
- to communicate with you (including transmitting messages from other members);
- to conduct competitions or promotions;
- to give you the opportunity from time to time to receive e-mail and 'e-newsletters' from us;
- to investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of the ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTD terms and conditions of use or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
You agree that personal and business information that you provide and/or we obtain as part of your ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTD member profile, or that you otherwise post or transmit on any public area of and on ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTDSite, is non-confidential. You agree that we will be entitled to use such personal information for any purpose.
How we disclose the information we collect
- We may disclose personal information to other companies in the groups associated with us for our directories and syndication purposes, (in which case, your personal information will be collected, used, disclosed, managed and stored in accordance with this policy) only do this in relation to us providing our services to you or as otherwise set out in this policy. We may also provide your information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- engaged by us to perform functions on our behalf, such as processing credit card information, mailouts, debt collection, marketing, research and advertising;
- that are our agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners;
- that sponsor or promote any competition that we conduct or promote via our services;
- authorised by you to receive information held by us (including other members);
- as part of any investigation into you or your activity, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have breached the ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTDterms and conditions of use or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to the Police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator); and/or
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
- You agree that personal information that you provide and/or we obtain as part of your ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTD member profile, or that you otherwise post or transmit on any public area of and ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTDSite, is non-confidential. You agree that we may disclose such personal information to any third party for any purpose.
- You agree that we will be entitled to track your activity on the ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTD Sites, including by making a record of the member profiles that you view, and display such usage information to other members (provided that, in that case, we only ever disclose personal information that you provide and/or we obtain as part of your ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTDmember profile, or that you otherwise post or transmit on any public area of an ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTDSite).
- In addition, you agree that we will be entitled to disclose your personal information with your consent to:
- your authorised representatives or advisers;
- credit-related organisations;
- fraud-prevention organisations ;
- any professional advisers;
- organisations associated with government, regulatory authorities and other institutions as required by law;
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions; and
How we treat sensitive information
- "Sensitive Information" means information relating to a person's racial or ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religion, membership of a trade union or professional or trade association, sexual preferences, criminal record and health.
- We may use and disclose Sensitive Information with your prior consent only for the purpose for which it was provided or a directly related secondary purpose or as allowed by law otherwise.
Management and security of your information
- We protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by various means including firewalls, pass word access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions.
Updating your information
- We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. ADVERTISERs of an ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTDSite can update their membership information via the website (through the my account page). Where personal information is no longer required by us, it will be destroyed or de-identified.
Seeking access to your information
- Subject to certain exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you have the right to seek access to and update the personal information we hold about you.
- ADVERTISERS of an ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTD Site can access their membership information via the website (through the my account page) at any time. If you would like to seek access to personal information we hold about you, please contact us on the details below.
- If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request.
How to contact us
- If you have any questions or complaints about how we collect, use, disclose, manager or store your personal information, please contact us in any of the following ways:
- ALLABOUTDATA PTY LTD